Pull ups are very beneficial, but you should take into account the following safety reminders in order to avoid injury.
- Do Not swing or bounce when using your pull up bar.
- Do Not attempt to hang by your feet or legs from your pull up bar.
- Do Not use a doorway pull up bar if you weigh over 300 lbs. Try a pull up station instead.
- Do Not use a doorway pull up bar if you are unsure about the stability of the doorway or door jamb.
- Do Not allow children under 18 years of age to use a doorway pull up bar unless supervised by an adult.
- Ensure that you test to make sure your pull up bar is completely secure in the doorway before using it.
- Make sure you maintain a controlled motion when performing pull ups or chin ups.
Pull ups and chin ups are great at-home exercises, but you need to take these precautions to ensure that you avoid injury. Now get back to your workout and add some reps!